Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionAddressing the alienation of practitioners from positivist and quantitative research, this book shows how research can be compatible with how practitioners collect and understand data. Drawing on research approaches that take account of subjectivity and employ participative methods, the authors develop an approach to practice for the research- minded practitioner. Whilst useful for practitioners wanting to do research, the primary intention of this book is to explore ways in which practitioners may be research-minded in their work.
- Author BiographyANGELA EVERITT is Reader in Social Welfare Sudies at the Social Welfare Research Unit at Newcastle Polytechnic, and has been in social work education for many years. She is particularly interested in practitioner research and engaging with practitioners in collaborative research and evaluation projects. PAULINE HARDIKER is Senior Lecturer in the School of Social Work at the University of Leicester. She has undertaken research and published in relation to probation, chronic illness, child care and social work theory. JANE LITTLEWOOD is Lecturer in Social Policy and Administration at the Loughborough University of Technology. She has conducted research in social work issues for a number of years and has contributed to a variety of publications in this ara. She is the author of Aspects of Grief: Bereavement in Adult Life. AUDREY MULLENDER is Director of the Centre for Applied Social Studies at the University of Durham. She is a qualified social worker, with a background in social services. She has maintained a practice involvement during her teaching career, particularly through links with the advocacy movement. She has a special interest in empowering service users, and is the co-author, with David Ward, of Self-Directed Groupwork: Users Take Action for Empowerment.
- Author(s)Angela Everitt,Audrey Mullender,Jane Littlewood,Pauline Hardiker
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication02/09/1992
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitlePractical Social Work Series
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight225 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.