All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis thesis reports on outstanding work in two main subfields of quantum information science: one involves the quantum measurement problem, and the other concerns quantum simulation. The thesis proposes using a polarization-based displaced Sagnac-type interferometer to achieve partial collapse measurement and its reversal, and presents the first experimental verification of the nlocality of the partial collapse measurement and its reversal. All of the experiments are carried out in the linear optical system, one of the earliest experimental systems to employ quantum communication and quantum information processing. The thesis argues that quantum measurement can yield quantum entanglement recovery, which is demonstrated by using the frequency freedom to simulate the environment. Based on the weak measurement theory, the author proposes that white light can be used to precisely estimate phase, and effectively demonstrates that the imaginary part of the weak value can be introduced by means of weak measurement evolution. Lastly, a nine-order polarization-based displaced Sagnac-type interferometer employing bulk optics is constructed to perform quantum simulation of the Landau-Zener evolution, and by tuning the system Hamiltonian, the first experiment to research the Kibble-Zurek mechanism in n-equilibrium kinetics processes is carried out in the linear optical system.
- Author BiographyDr. Xiao-Ye Xu received PhD degree from University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei in 2013. He studied Key Laboratory of Quantum Information under Prof. Guangcan Guo's supervisory. His research was focused on Quantum physics, Quantum information science and Quantum optics. Dr. Xu's honors: Dean's award of Chinese Academy of Sciences (2013) Excellent PhD thesis prize in Chinese Academy of Sciences (2014) Dr. Xu's publications: 1. Xiao-Ye Xu, Yong-Jian Han, Kai Sun, Jin-Shi Xu, Jian-Shun Tang, Chuan-Feng Li, and Guang-Can Guo, Quantum Simulation of Landau-Zener Model Dynamics Supporting the Kibble-Zurek Mechanism, Phy. Rev. Lett. 112, 035701(2014); 2. Xiao-Ye Xu, Yaron Kedem, Kai Sun, Lev Vaidman, Chuan-Feng Li and Guang-Can Guo, Phase estimation with weak measurement using a white light source, Phys. Rev. Lett. 111, 033604(2013); 3. Xiao-Ye Xu, Jin-Shi Xu, Chuan-Feng Li, Yang Zou, and Guang-Can Guo, Experimental demonstration of nonlocal effects in the partial-collapse measurement and reversal process, Phys. Rev. A 83,010101(R) (2011); 4. Xiao-Ye Xu, Jin-Shi Xu, Chuan-Feng Li, and Guang-Can Guo, Measurement-induced entanglement recovery, Phys. Rev. A 82, 022324 (2010); 5. Chuan-Feng Li, Xiao-Ye Xu, Jian-Shun Tang, Jin-Shi Xu, and Guang-Can Guo, Ultrasensitive phase estimation with white light, Phys. Rev. A 83, 044102 (2011); 6. Jin-Shi Xu, Man-Hong Yung, Xiao-Ye Xu, Sergio Boixo, Zheng-Wei Zhou, Chuan-Feng Li, Alan Aspuru-Guzik, and Guang-Can Guo, Demon-like Algorithmic Quantum Cooling and its Realization with Quantum Optics, Nat. Photon. 8, 113(2014); 7. Jin-Shi Xu, Kai Sun, Chuan-Feng Li, Xiao-Ye Xu, Guang-Can Guo, Erika Andersson, Rosario Lo Franco, and Giuseppe Compagno, Experimental recovery of quantum correlations in absence of system-environment back-action, Nat. Commun. 4:2851(2013); 8. Jian-Shun Tang, Yu-Long Li, Xiao-Ye Xu, Guo-Yong Xiang, Chuan-Feng Li, and Guang-Can Guo, Realization of quantum Wheeler's delayed-choice experiment, Nat. Photon. 6, 600(2012); 9. Chuan-Feng Li, Jin-Shi Xu, Xiao-Ye Xu, Ke Li, and Guang-Can Guo, Experimental investigation of the entanglement-assisted entropic uncertainty principle, Nat. Phys. 7, 752(2011); 10. Jin-Shi Xu, Chuan-Feng Li, Cheng-Jie Zhang, Xiao-Ye Xu, Yong-Sheng Zhang, and Guang-Can Guo, Experimental investigation of the non-Markovian dynamics of classical and quantum correlations, Phys. Rev. A, 82, 042328 (2010); 11. Jin-Shi Xu, Xiao-Ye Xu, Chuan-Feng Li, Cheng-Jie Zhang, Xu-Bo Zou, and Guang-Can Guo, Experimental investigation of classical and quantum correlations under decoherence, Nat. Commun. 1, 7 (2010); 12. Jin-Shi Xu, Chuan-Feng Li, Xiao-Ye Xu, Cheng-Hao Shi, Xu-Bo Zou, and Guang-Can Guo, Phys. Rev. Lett. 103, 240502 (2009); 13. Geng Chen, Yang Zou, Xiao-Ye Xu, Jian-Shun Tang, Yu-Long Li, Jin-Shi Xu, Yong-Jian Han, Chuan-Feng Li, Guang-Can Guo, Hai-Qiao Li, Ying Yu, Mi-Feng Li, Guo-Wei Zha, Zhi-Chuan Niu and Yaron Kedem, Experimental test of the state estimation-reversal tradeoff relation in general quantum measurements, Phys. Rev. X 4, 021043(2014).
- Author(s)Xiao-Ye Xu
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication02/04/2016
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleSpringer Theses
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note31 black & white illustrations, 17 colour illustrations, 40 colour tables, biography
- Weight397 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.46
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.12
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.