All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionApplied Sport Psychology was written to introduce readers to psychological theories and techniques that can be used to enhance performance and personal growth of sport participants from youth to elite levels. The four-part organization covers learning, motivation, and social interaction; mental training for performance enhancement; implementing training programs; and enhancing health and well-being. This edition reflects the latest research, practice, and anecdotal examples in applied sport psychology. Applied Sport Psychology is particularly well suited as a text for classes in applied sport psychology and psychology of coaching. The book is also a valuable reference for practicing coaches, sport psychologists, and psychologists. Instructors and students can w access their course content through the Connect digital learning platform by purchasing either standalone Connect access or a bundle of print and Connect access. McGraw-Hill Connect[registered] is a subscription-based learning service accessible online through your personal computer or tablet. Choose this option if your instructor will require Connect to be used in the course. Your subscription to Connect includes the following: SmartBook[registered] - an adaptive digital version of the course textbook that personalizes your reading experience based on how well you are learning the content; access to your instructor's homework assignments, quizzes, syllabus, tes, reminders, and other important files for the course; progress dashboards that quickly show how you are performing on your assignments and tips for improvement; and, the option to purchase (for a small fee) a print version of the book.
- Author BiographyJean M. Williams is a professor emeritus at the University of Arizona where she served in the Department of Exercise and Sport Science and the Department of Psychology. She taught courses in stress and coping and psychology of excellence and consulted with intercollegiate athletes and coaches and with top amateur and professional athletes as well as supervised consulting. Dr. Williams has published nine books (seven edited) and more than 100 research articles and book chapters. Her research focused on psychology of injury, psychology of excellence, group dynamics and productivity, and exercise and mental health. She is a past president, fellow, and certified consultant in the Association of Applied Sport Psychology and a fellow in the National Academy of Kinesiology. Vikki Krane is a professor with the School of Human Movement, Sport, and Leisure Studies at Bowling Green State University. Her research focuses on gender and sexuality issues in sport psychology. Dr. Krane is a former editor of The Sport Psychologist and the Women in Sport and Physical Activity Journal and has been an editorial board member for the Psychology of Sport and Exercise, The Sport Psychologist, Journal of Applied Sport Psychology, and Qualitative Research in Sport & Exercise. She is a fellow of AASP and the National Academy of Kinesiology. As a certified consultant, AASP, Krane has consulted with a variety of athletes, including high school, rising elite adolescents, and college athletes.
- Author(s)Jean M. Williams,Vikki Krane
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- SubjectSports Studies & PE: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleB&B Physical Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight861 g
- Width195 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.14
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $43.44Trending at AU $44.45
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.10
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.33
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.