All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionClear, intuitive and written with the social science student in mind, this book represents the ideal combination of statistical theory and practice. It focuses on questions that can be answered using statistics and addresses common themes and problems in a straightforward, easy-to-follow manner. The book carefully combines the conceptual aspects of statistics with detailed technical advice providing both the 'why' of statistics and the 'how'. Built upon a variety of engaging examples from across the social sciences it provides a rich collection of statistical methods and models. Students are encouraged to see the impact of theory whilst simultaneously learning how to manipulate software to meet their needs. The book also provides: * Original case studies and data sets * Practical guidance on how to run and test models in Stata * Downloadable Stata programmes created to work alongside chapters * A wide range of detailed applications using Stata * Step-by-step tes on writing the relevant code. This excellent text will give anyone doing statistical research in the social sciences the theoretical, technical and applied kwledge needed to succeed.
- Author BiographyMehmet Mehmetoglu is a professor of research methods in the Department of Psychology at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU). His research interests include consumer psychology, evolutionary psychology and statistical methods. Mehmetoglu has co/publications in about 30 different refereed international journals, among which, Scandinavian Journal Psychology, Personality and Individual Differences, and Evolutionary Psychological Science. Tor Georg Jakobsen is professor of political science at NTNU Business School at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology. His research interests include political behavior, peace research and statistical methods. Jakobsen has authored and co-authored articles in, among others, European Sociological Review, Work, Employment and Society and Conflict Management and Peace Science.
- Author(s)Mehmet Mehmetoglu,Tor Georg Jakobsen
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication08/11/2016
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Weight635 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.