All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis concise book for engineering and sciences students emphasizes modern statistical methodology and data analysis. APPLIED STATISTICS FOR ENGINEERS AND SCIENTISTS emphasizes application of methods to real problems, with real examples throughout. Available with InfoTrac(R) Student Collections http://gocengage.com/infotrac.
- Author BiographyJimmy Doi earned his B.A. in Mathematics (minors in Biology, Chemistry, Japanese) from California State University, Northridge. He earned his masters and Ph.D. in Statistics at North Carolina State University. Since receiving his doctorate Professor Doi has been on the faculty in the Statistics Department at California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo. His research interests include biostatistics and categorical data analysis. He enjoys traveling, kayak fishing, long board surfing, and playing basketball with his current and former students. But his favorite moments are when he spends time with his wife Midori and daughter Alicia. Jay Devore is Professor Emeritus of Statistics at California Polytechnic State University. He earned his undergraduate degree in Engineering Science from the University of California at Berkeley, spent a year at the University of Sheffield in England, and finished his Ph.D. in statistics at Stanford University. Jay previously taught at the University of Florida and at Oberlin College and has had visiting appointments at Stanford, Harvard, the University of Washington, New York University, and Columbia University. From 1998 to 2006, he served as Chair of the Cal Poly Statistics Department. In addition to this book, Jay has written several other widely used statistics texts for engineers and scientists and a book in applied mathematical statistics. He recently coauthored a text in probability and stochastic processes. He is the recipient of a distinguished teaching award from Cal Poly, is a Fellow of the American Statistical Association, and has served several terms as an Associate Editor of the Journal of the American Statistical Association. In his spare time, he enjoys reading, cooking and eating good food, tennis, and travel to faraway places. He is especially proud of his wife, Carol, a retired elementary school teacher, his daughter Allison, who has held several high-level positions in nonprofit organizations in Boston and New York City, and his daughter Teresa, a high school teacher in Brooklyn. Nicholas Farnum received his B.S. and Ph.D. in Mathematics from University of California at Irvine. He is currently a professor in the Information Systems and Decision Sciences Department at California State University, Fullerton. Professor Farnum has published several papers in applied and theoretical statistics and has also written texts in Quality Control and Forecasting. He is a member of the American Statistical Association and the Mathematical Association of America. In his spare time Professor Farnum enjoys cooking, playing music, and traveling.
- Author(s)Jay L. Devore,Jimmy Doi,Nicholas R. Farnum
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication14/09/2012
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1120 g
- Width196 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.