All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.42Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $22.94
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $36.83Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
About this product
- DescriptionPioneers in the area of appreciative inquiry (AI) have focused on it as an organisational development tool, but this book explores AI as a research framework. The author reflects on her experience of using AI as a research approach, and draws on writing in organisational development and research methodology to discuss the ways AI can shape the asking of questions, the gathering of information, and the communication of findings and ideas. Key features: - A comprehensive introduction to AI and the range of debates that it generates for research. - International; examples from recently published and unpublished research projects in which AI was used, with an emphasis on those that shaped policy, planning, and future practice. - Discusses how connections can be made between AI and various research paradigms and approaches to research. - Offers individual and group exercises that explore and illustrate ways in which AI research can be done.
- Author BiographyJan Reed (PhD, Nursing, Newcastle) is Professor of Health Care for Older People and Director of the Center for the Care of Older People at Northumbria University. Reed has been a lecturer and researcher since 1987, teaching nurses, social workers and other professionals in research methods and reflective practice, from undergraduate to post-doctoral levels. Currently, she is supervising 8 PhD students. 5 of whom are using Appreciative Inquiry as a research framework. She has examined 12 PhD theses, in the fields of health, social care, social science and education. Over the past 10 years, Dr. Reed has written and published extensively. She has published 60 journal papers, 10 research reports and 5 books (2 edited and 3 authored). In addition, she has edited two academic journals (Health Care in Later Life Edward Arnold, International Journal of Older People Nursing, Blackwell) and has been a paper reviewer for a range of journals including Social Science and Medicine and Health and Social Care the Community. She has also acted as a proposal reviewer for a range of funders, including the Department of health and the Joseph Rowntree Foundation in the UK.
- Author(s)Jan Reed
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication18/01/2007
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.