All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.37
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe authors, both of whom have extensive backgrounds in philosophy and psychology, present balanced critical analyses of crucial developments in, for example, the evolution of the Freudian tion of the unconscious, the engagement of existential phemelogy with Freudian psychoanalysis, and the impact of Eastern philosophy on Freud. Askay and Farquhar then consider - often for the first time - individual thinkers' reflections on and interpretations of Freud, ranging from the primary figures in existential phemelogy to the most prominent figures in the existential psychoanalytic movement. Even as their work offers a new approach to Freudian thought, it reasserts the importance of alternative views found in Eastern philosophy and existential phemelogy as those views pertain to psychoanalysis and the question of apprehending the inaccessible.
- Author BiographyRichard Askay is professor of philosophy at the University of Portland. Jensen Farquhar is a practicing psychotherapist and an editor in the field of psychology and philosophy.
- Author(s)Jensen Farquhar,Richard Askay
- PublisherNorthwestern University Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2005
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleStudies in Phenomenology and Existential Philosophy
- Place of PublicationEvanston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorthwestern University Press
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.