All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe theory of quantum gravity promises a revolutionary new understanding of gravity and spacetime, valid from microscopic to cosmological distances. Research in this field involves an exciting blend of rigorous mathematics and bold speculations, foundational questions and technical issues. Containing contributions from leading researchers in this field, this book presents the fundamental issues involved in the construction of a quantum theory of gravity and building up a quantum picture of space and time. It introduces the most current approaches to this problem, and reviews their main achievements. Each part ends in questions and answers, in which the contributors explore the merits and problems of the various approaches. This book provides a complete overview of this field from the frontiers of theoretical physics research for graduate students and researchers.
- Author BiographyDaniele Oriti is a Researcher at the Institute of Theoretical Physics at Utrecht University, Netherlands, working on non-perturbative quantum gravity, having previously worked at the Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics, University of Cambridge. He is well known for his results on spin foam models, and is among the leading researchers in the group field theory approach to quantum gravity.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication05/03/2009
- SubjectAstronomy, Space & Time
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note15 b/w illus.
- Weight1340 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byDaniele Oriti
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.45Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.