All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $10.98Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
- AU $34.83Trending at AU $37.93
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is designed to increase the awareness among mental health professionals and educators about the potential sources of support for students struggling with substance abuse, addiction and compulsive behaviors. The book includes a description of the scope of the problem of substance abuse in high schools and colleges, followed by sections describing recovery high schools and collegiate recovery communities. A further unique component of this book is the inclusion of material from the adolescents and young adults whose lives have been changed by these programs. This book was published as a special issue in the Journal of Groups in Addiction and Recovery.
- Author BiographyJeffrey D. Roth, M.D. is an addiction psychiatrist and group psychotherapist in private practice. He is a fellow of the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) and the American Group Psychotherapy Association. He has been a practicing group psychotherapist for 25 years. He has presented workshops on group psychotherapy to diverse professional audiences, including group therapists, addictions treatment professionals, psychoanalysts, employee assistance professionals, attorneys and judges. He has served as director, associate director and consultant in numerous group relations conferences sponsored by the A. K. Rice Institute. Andrew Finch currently holds an appointment as Assistant Professor of the Practice of Human and Organizational Development at Vanderbilt University. He is also the School Counseling Coordinator for the Human Development Counseling program. He was a co-founder of the Association of Recovery Schools and from 1997-2006 worked for Community High School, a recovery school in Nashville.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication28/02/2009
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRoutledge Member of the Taylor and Francis Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight566 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byAndrew J. Finch,Jeffrey Roth
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.