All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionThis popular text continues using the format of the three approaches - The Executive, The Facilitator, and The Liberationist. For the Fifth Edition, the authors add four new case studies: 'Scripted Teaching', 'Accountability and Merit', 'What is the Value of Caring Relationships?' and 'School Funding'. Using these and other realistic case studies, they explore the strengths and weaknesses of each approach so that teachers can critically assess their own philosophical positions on teaching. Teachers are urged to ask themselves such questions as: What is the main goal of teaching? What is the most important purpose of education? What do I expect my students to eventually become? Is the way I structure my teaching influenced by how I view my role and goals? This updated edition also adds a new section called 'Topics and Resources' to encourage further inquiry into teaching. Approaches to Teaching is one of the five books in the highly regarded Teachers College Press THINKING ABOUT EDUCATION SERIES, w in its Fifth Edition . All of the books in this series are designed to help pre- and in-service teachers bridge the gap between theory and practice.
- Author BiographyGary D Fenstermacher is Professor of Education at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. Jonas F. Soltis is William Heard Kilpatrick Professor Emeritus of Philosophy and Education at Teachers College, Columbia University. Matthew N Sanger is Assistant Professor of Educational Foundations at Idaho State University.
- Author(s)Gary D. Fenstermacher,Jonas F. Soltis,Matthew N. Sanger
- PublisherTeachers' College Press
- Date of Publication15/06/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleThinking About Education
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTeachers' College Press
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight181 g
- Width155 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.