All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
About this product
- DescriptionThe activity of many biopharmaceutical polymers is dependent on conformation, and the next several years will see increased interest in the conformational analysis of these polymers resulting from the development of biosimilar or follow-on biological products. While a wide variety of approaches to analysis exists, finding the most viable ones would be much easier with a consolidated reference that details the benefits and cost of each approach, with an emphasis on real results and real products. Explores the Growing Role of Conformational Analysis in Comparing Generic Biopharmaceuticals Approaches to the Conformational Analysis of Biopharmaceuticals gathers the most useful techniques and methods into a single volume, putting the greatest emphasis on those approaches that have proven the most fruitful. Rather than cover specific uses of techniques in detail, this book provides commercial biotechlogists and researchers with the information and references they need to make good choices about the techlogy they choose to use. With a large number of references that direct readers to primary source material, it includes studies drawn from the gamut of current literature, covering physical methods, such as differential scanning calorimetry, light scanning, and analytical ultracentrifugation. It also addresses chemical methods, such as hydrogen-deuterium exchange and trace labeling, along with infrared, ultraviolet, and Raman spectroscopy. Written by Roger Lundblad, a true pioneer in protein science, this volume supplies the necessary information researchers need to access when deciding on the most cost-effective approach, including: * Comparability of biopharmaceuticals * Characterization of follow-on biologics * Quality attributes of protein biopharmaceuticals * Confrontational analysis of biopharmaceutical products With a clear focus on relevant commercial biotechlogy, this book belongs on the shelves of those serious researchers who are paving the way for the next generation of biopharmaceutical polymers.
- Author BiographyAfter postdoctoral work at Rockefeller University, New York, Dr. Roger L. Lundblad joined the faculty of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1968. He joined the Hyland division of Baxter Healthcare in 1990. Currently, he is an independent consultant and biotechnology writer based in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. He is an adjunct professor of pathology at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and an editor in chief of the Internet Journal of Genomics and Proteomics.
- Author(s)Roger L. Lundblad
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/12/2009
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChapman & Hall/CRC
- Content Note41 black & white illustrations, 46 black & white tables
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.