Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.27Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $9.95Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by happycats2001
- Est. delivery by 5 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1937, five-year-old Colette Rossant arrived in Cairo from Paris with her Egyptian Jewish father and beautiful French mother. When her father dies Colette's flighty mother abandons the little girl to her wealthy grandparents. She soon settles into their luxuriant, food centred lifestyle - spending afterons in the spice filled kitchen; accompanying her grandmother to the bazaar; and feasting on the delicious Egyptian food. At fifteen Colette is brought back to Paris with her mother, never to see her grandparents again, and only to return to Egypt thirty years later. In this charming, funny, and moving memoir, accompanied by mouth watering recipes, she evokes an Egypt lost, to her and to us, forever.
- Author BiographyColette Rossant is a James Beard nominated food writer and is a columnist for the DAILY NEWS. She lives in New York with her husband.
- PrizesShortlisted for Thomas Cook Travel Book Award 2002.
- Author(s)Colette Rossant
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/12/2001
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight130 g
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback,A-format paperback
- Edition StatementUK open market ed
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.