Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
About this product
- DescriptionProviding a broad and readable overview of the subject, this updated second edition of Aquaculture: An Introductory Text covers issues associated with sustainable aquaculture development, culture systems, hatchery methods, nutrition and feeding of aquaculture species, reproductive strategies, harvesting, and many other topics. While its main focus is on the culture of fish, molluscs, and crustaceans for food, the book also covers other forms of aquaculture, such as the production of seaweeds, recreational fish and ornamental species, and live foods such as algae and rotifers that are used to feed larval shrimp and marine fish. Printed in a new, larger format and illustrated with many photos and diagrams, this will be an essential resource for undergraduate students of aquaculture and related topics. The scope is global and much of the information is based on first-hand experiences of the author.
- Author BiographyRobert R. Stickney has been involved with aquaculture for nearly 40 years. He has had experience with a variety of marine and freshwater culture species - primarily but not exclusively finfish - and has experience working in over 20 nations. He has held academic positions at the Skidaway Institute of Oceanography, Southern Illinois University, the University of Washington, and Texas A&M University in the United States. He was first employed at Texas A&M University in 1975 where he taught and conducted research from 1975-1984. He returned to Texas A&M in 1996 where he assumed the position of Sea Grant Director and Professor of Oceanography. Stickney has published over 100 articles in professional journals and three previous books on aquaculture. He edited the Encyclopedia of Aquaculture and edited or co-edited several other books. He is currently the Editor-in-Chief of World Aquaculture (the magazine of the World Aquaculture Society) and the refereed journal, Reviews in Fisheries Science.
- Author(s)Robert R. Stickney
- PublisherCABI Publishing
- Date of Publication07/02/2009
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationWallingford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCABI Publishing
- Out-of-print date14/12/2016
- Content Note167 figures/illustrations
- Weight780 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.