All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the complex relationship between the vel and identity in modern Arab culture against a backdrop of contemporary Egypt. It uses the example of the Egyptian vel to interrogate the root causes - religious, social, political, and psychological - of the lingering identity crisis that has afflicted Arab culture for at least two centuries.
- Author BiographyMuhammad Siddiq is Associate Professor at the Department for Near Eastern Studies, University of California, Berkeley, USA.
- Author(s)Muhammad Siddiq
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/06/2007
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Middle Eastern Literatures
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.