Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionShowcases the visual dynamics of Arab photography in all its fascinating beauty, revealing a rich new aesthetic. Readers are introduced to portraits and landscapes by 36 photographers creating works of great political and cultural relevance. Their visual imagery constitutes an exciting and instructive journey for the reader. Each of the contributing photographers was asked to supply a statement on his or her life and experience as an artist, providing an insight into Arab culture and the under-documented yet vibrant art world in the Middle East.
- Author BiographyRose Issa is a curator, writer and producer who has championed visual art and film from the Arab world and Iran for nearly 30 years. She has lived in Iran, Lebanon, France and, for the last 20 years, London, where from her private project space in Kensington she showcases upcoming and established artists, and produces exhibitions and publications with public and private institutions worldwide, including Tate Britain, the Victoria and Albert Museum, the Haus der Kulturen der Welt (HKW), Berlin, and the Hermitage Museum, St.Petersburg. Michket Krifa is an independant visual art curator for Africa & the Middle East and artistic director for Bamako Encounters, the African Biennial of Photography. She is based in Paris, France.
- PublisherKehrer Verlag
- Date of Publication27/10/2011
- Place of PublicationHeidelberg
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintKehrer Verlag
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight1782 g
- Width245 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byMichket Krifa,Rose Issa
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.