All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.92Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionArab and Muslim Countries: Profiles in Contrast is the most succinct and up-to-date reference guide available on the 50 countries with Muslim-majority populations. Country profiles are organized and summarized into one-page snapshots enabling the reader to make quick country comparisons. Topics covered include ethnicity, population by religion, geography, literacy, politics and government, ecomics and labor force, Internet access, mass media, telecommunications, computers and foreign assistance. The information is compiled from 20 major data banks including those of the UN, World Bank, and CIA. The insightful Overview and Guide to Indicator and Terms drill down into key variables and assumptions that affect perceptions and influence analysis of the Arab and Muslim world as it is today. Special emphasis is placed on the underestimated impact of the Internet, satellite broadcasting, and other electronic media influencing these strikingly youth-dominated countries. Arab and Muslim Countries: Profiles in Contrasts is designed to assist public diplomacy policymakers, educators, and anyone who wants to better understand these surprisingly diverse and strategically important people and nations.
- Author BiographyDiana Lady Dougan is a senior adviser at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), chair of the Cyber Century Forum, and International cochair of the Center for Information Infrastructure and Economic Development (CIIED) under the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences. Ambassador Dougan has served in senior communications technology, foreign policy, and management positions under three U.S. presidents (Democrat and Republican), including six years as the first statutory U.S. Coordinator for Comunications and Information Policy. She has been accorded the permanent rank of Ambassador.
- Author(s)Diana Dougan
- PublisherCyber Century Forum
- Date of Publication01/08/2004
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCyber Century Forum
- Content NoteIllustrations, 1 map
- Weight10 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.