All listings for this product
About this product
- Description**2011 Best Arab Cuisine book in the U.S., Gourmand World Cookbook Award** Prepare delicious and healthy meals with this award-winning Arabian cookbook For untold centuries, the Bedouin of the Arabian Peninsula, in their desert tents, have served their hored guests lavish meals featuring roasted lamb with rice. Bedouin hospitality has t changed over the ages but Arabian cuisine has undergone a remarkable evolution in the last 100 years, making it extremely diverse. This diversity is due, in part, to the explosion of wealth on the Arabian peninsula which has drawn people--along with their foods and cooking methods--from around the world. The blending of these culinary worlds has produced something remarkable. In The Arabian Nights Cookbook, author Habeeb Salloum has compiled an amazing array of recipes that celebrate this blending of cultures while still making it compatible with the everyday kitchens of the Western world. From the familiar, Hummus Bi-Tahini, to the unique, Stuffed Lamb, Salloum offers an accessible world of savory tastes and memory provoking aromas. Authentic Arabian recipes include: Classic Hummus Chickpea Puree Spicy Eggplant Salad Hearty Meat and Bulghur Soup Tandoori Chicken, Omani-Style Golden Meat Turvers Fish Fillets in an Aromatic Red Sauce Spicy Falafel Patties Delicious Stuffed Zucchini Cardamom Fritters with Walnuts in Orange-Blossom Syrup Real Arab Coffee Made Just Right And many more...
- Author BiographyHabeeb Salloum is an accomplished Canada-based food and travel writer for such magazines as Gourmet, Christian Science Monitor and Vegetarian Times. He is the author of From the Lands of Figs and Olives, a Middle Eastern and North African cookbook. He lives in Ontario, Canada.
- Author(s)Habeeb Salloum
- PublisherTuttle Publishing
- Date of Publication10/10/2010
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTuttle Publishing
- Content NoteColour Photographs
- Width216 mm
- Height254 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.