All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionArabic-English-ArabicTranslation: Issues and Strategies is an accessible coursebook for students and practitioners of Arabic-English-Arabic translation. Focusing on the key issues and topics affecting the field, it offers informed guidance on the most effective methods to deal with such problems, enabling users to develop deeper insights and enhance their translation skills. Key features include: * A focus on Arabic-English translation in both directions, preparing students for the real-life experiences of practitioners in the field * In-depth discussion of the core issues of phraseology, language variation and translation, legal translation and translation techlogy in Arabic and English translation * Authentic sample texts in each chapter, taken from a variety of sources from across the Arabic-speaking world to provide snapshots of real-life language use * Source texts followed by examples of possible translation strategies, with extensive commentaries, to showcase the best translation practices and methodologies * A range of supporting exercises to enable students to practise their newly acquired kwledge and skills * Inclusion of a wide range of themes covering both linguistic and genre issues, offering multidimensional perspectives and depth and breadth in learning * List of recommended readings and resources for each of the topics under discussion * Comprehensive glossary and bibliography at the back of the book. Lucid and practical in its approach, Arabic-English-Arabic Translation: Issues and Strategies will be an indispensable resource for intermediate to advanced students of Arabic. It will also be of great interest to professional translators working in Arabic-English-Arabic translation.
- Author BiographyRonak Husni is a Professor of Arabic and Department Head at the American University of Sharjah, UAE. Her research interests include Arabic language and literature, translation studies and Gender Studies. Daniel Newman is a Professor of Arabic and Head of Department at the University of Durham, UK. His research interests include the history of translation, linguistics and Arabic literature.
- Author(s)Daniel L. Newman,Ronak Husni
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2009
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note51 black & white tables
- Weight408 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.