All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionAssuming previous kwledge of the subject, Arabic Literature - An Overview gives a rounded and balanced view of Arab literary creativity. 'High' literature is examined alongside popular folk literature, and the classical and modern periods, usually treated separately, are presented together. Cachia's observations are t subordinated to any pre-formed literary theory, but describe and illustrate the directions taken, in order to present an overall picture of the field of relevance to the student of literature as well as to Arabists working in related fields.
- Author BiographyPierre Cachia was born in Egypt in 1921, of a Maltese father and a Russian mother. After war service with the 8th Army, he taught at the American University of Cairo (1946-48), at the University of Edinburgh (1950-76), and at Columbia University (1975-91). He has written widely on Arabic literature.
- Author(s)Pierre Cachia
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2010
- SubjectLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.