All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
About this product
- DescriptionArabic Rhetoric explores the history, disciplines, order and pragmatic functions of Arabic speech acts. It offers a new understanding of Arabic rhetoric and employs examples from modern standard Arabic as well as providing a glossary of over 448 rhetorical expressions listed in English with their translations, which make the book more accessible to the modern day reader. Hussein's study of Arabic rhetoric bridges the gap between learning and research, whilst also meeting the academic needs of our present time. This up-to-date text provides a valuable source for undergraduate students learning Arabic as a foreign language, and is also an essential text for researchers in Arabic, Islamic studies, and students of linguistics and academics.
- Author BiographyHussein Abdul-Raof is a senior lecturer in Arabic and Qur'anic Studies at the University of Leeds. His recent publications include Interpreter's Thematic Dictionary: English-Arabic. Beirut: Librairie du Liban 2005 and Consonance in the Qur'an : A Conceptual, Intertextual and Linguistic Analysis. Muenchen: Lincom Europa Academic Publications 2005 (Languages of the World Series).
- Author(s)Hussein Abdul-Raof
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/02/2011
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note16 black & white illustrations, 16 black & white line drawings
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.