All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $10.98Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
- AU $34.83Trending at AU $37.93
About this product
- DescriptionThe Arab-Israeli conflict has proven to be one of the most protracted and bitter struggles of modern times, and has been extraordinarily resilient in the face of all efforts to resolve it. Written by a distinguished team of authors comprising an Israeli, a Palestinian, and an Egyptian presenting a broader Arab perspective, this textbook offers a balanced and nuanced introduction to this highly contentious subject. This invative approach provides: * an essential overview of the key developments in the history of the conflict * a sense of the competing narratives that the principle protagonists have developed regarding these developments * a unique analytical framework through which the major developments can be understood * suggested further reading and links to key historical documents to support in-depth exploration of the subject. This is essential reading for students and others wishing to understand the history and politics of the Arab-Israeli conflict and its pivotal role in the Middle East.
- Author BiographyAbdel Monem Said Aly is Director of the Regional Center for Strategic Studies in Cairo. He is also Chairman of Al-Masry Al-Youm, a leading Arabic language daily newspaper in Egypt, and Senior Fellow at the Crown Center for Middle East Studies at Brandeis University, USA. Previously, Said Aly was the President of the Al-Ahram Center for Political & Strategic Studies in Cairo and the Chairman of the Board and CEO of the Al-Ahram Newspaper and Publishing House. He was a distinguished visiting fellow at the Brookings Institution in Washington, D.C., in 2004 and a research fellow at the Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs at Harvard University in 2003. Shai Feldman is the Judith and Sidney Swartz Director of the Crown Center for Middle East Studies and Professor of Politics at Brandeis University, USA. He is also Senior Fellow and member of the Board of Directors of the Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs at Harvard University, where he serves as co-chair of the Crown-Belfer Middle East Project. In 2001-03, Feldman served as a member of the UN Secretary General's Advisory Board on Disarmament Matters. In 1997-2005, he served as Head of the Jaffee Center for Strategic Studies at Tel Aviv University. Khalil Shikaki is Director of the Palestinian Center for Policy and Survey Research in Ramallah, and Senior Fellow at the Crown Center for Middle East Studies at Brandeis University, USA. A world-renowned expert on Palestinian public opinion and a widely published author, he has taught at several institutions, including Birzeit University, An-Najah National University, the University of Wisconsin in Milwaukee, and the University of South Florida. He also was a visiting fellow at the Brookings Institution in Washington, DC, in 2002.
- Author(s)Abdel Monem Said Aly,Khalil Shikaki,Shai Feldman
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication28/11/2013
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight984 g
- Width177 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.