All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionAramaic Peshitta New Testament Translation is a new translation of the New Testament into English that is based on the Gwilliam text. This translation includes explanatory foottes marking variant readings from the Old Syriac, Eastern text, and other Peshitta manuscripts. Other foottes provide cultural understanding and a system of abbreviations that mark idioms and figures of speech so that they are easily recognisable. The translation is as literal as possible, but with readable English, giving the flavour and rhythm of Eastern language. Aramaic is the language of the first century and the Peshitta is the earliest complete manuscript of the New Testament. The Gwilliam text, from which this work is based, is a Latin translation of the Peshitta.
- Author BiographyJanet M. Magiera has been studying the Peshitta for over 25 years and has developed an entire database of the New Testament, which will generate an interlinear, concordance, parallel translations, and lexicon, as well as the Light of the Word Ministry translation. Her database is currently being published with BibleWorks software, soon to be released. Magiera is an ordained minister and has been teaching Bible studies and classes throughout the country.
- Author(s)Janet M. Magiera
- PublisherLight of the Word Ministry
- Date of Publication01/06/2006
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationIrvine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLight of the Word Ministry
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1107 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine38 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.