All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.33Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $27.17Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is the music tational transcription of Lazaro Galarraga's 'Arara!' CD on the 50-50 Records label. The author has also included a brief history and explanation of the Arara genre and tradition as it is practiced in the Afro-Cuban folkloric culture. In recording his 'Arara!' CD, Lazaro Galarraga drew on a lifetime of playing and singing the songs from this rich tradition. He first learned Arara songs from his grandmother, Petrona when he was five years old. Lazaro credits her and his aunt Gregoria as his first teachers. As a teenager he was an active member in a house of Arara where he often sang at Arara ceremonies. Later he became a member of the Conjunto Folklorico Nacional de Cuba, where he routinely performed Arara songs as part of their repertoire. For a more detailed biography of Lazaro Galarraga, please see the Appendix at the end of this book.
- Author BiographyRichard Thaler began studying Afro-Latin Percussion in 1999 with Angel Luis Figueroa, percussionist for Herbie Hancock, Maxwell, Brian McKnight and The Temptations. A few years later he began his studies with Maestro Lazaro Galarraga. Mr. Thaler currently teaches and performs with the Paws Music Institute in Los Angeles. He is the author of 'Afro-Latin Percussion Fundamentals - Congas' published by Paws Books and available from Amazon.com. He lives in Santa Monica, California with his beloved wife of thirty years, Agnes, and their German shepherd, Bailey. They are the proud parents of Nicholas and Benjamin. You may contact Richard Thaler at: firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn about studying with or booking Lazaro Galarraga, please direct your inquiries to www.pawsmusic.com or call 213.804.PAWS (7297).
- Author(s)Richard H Thaler
- PublisherPaws Books
- Date of Publication15/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPaws Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight268 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.