All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe Archaeology Hotspots series offers reader-friendly and engaging narratives of the archaeology in particular countries. Written by archaeological experts with a general reader in mind, each book in the series focuses on what has been found and by whom, what the controversies and scandals have been, ongoing projects, and how it all fits into a broader view of the history of the country. In Archaeology Hotspot Egypt, scholar Julian Heath provides a chrological overview beginning with handaxes left by Homo erectus during the Lower Paleolithic and moving onwards through pharaonic Egypt to finish in the Greco-Roman period. He covers the most interesting finds-including Tutankhamen's tomb and the Rosetta Stone-and profiles major personalities, past and present. Current digs and recent insights on the past are also covered, such as the massive tomb of KV5 and how contemporary scientific techniques are unearthing new information about ancient Egyptian people and animals. The result is an illuminating look at the history, culture, national heritage, and current archaeological news of Egypt-a hotspot of archaeology.
- Author BiographyJulian Heath is an author and freelance archaeological illustrator based in Liverpool. He has a BA and an MA in Archaeology from Liverpool University, where he has lectured on archaeological illustration and the prehistoric world. His publications include Ancient Echoes (2006), Warfare in Prehistoric Britain (2009), Sacred Circles (2011), Life in Copper Age Britain (2011), and Before Farming (2013). He has also provided the illustrations for Joyce Tyldesley's popular children's book Stories from Ancient Egypt and the updated version of the British Museum's Dictionary of Ancient Egypt. His main areas of interest are Prehistoric Europe and Ancient Egypt.
- Author(s)Julian Heath
- PublisherAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication19/02/2015
- Series TitleArchaeology Hotspots
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Content Note27 black & white halftones
- Weight481 g
- Width157 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.