All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThe Archaeology Hotspots series offers reader-friendly and engaging narratives of the archaeology in particular countries. Written by archaeological experts with a general reader in mind, each book in the series focuses on what has been found and by whom, what the controversies and scandals have been, ongoing projects, and how it all fits into a broader view of the history of the country. In Archaeology Hotspot Great Britain, expert Donald Henson first chronicles the deep archaeology of a long settled region-including England, Wales, and Scotland-then explores both the famously ancient finds (cave art at Creswell Crags, Stonehenge) and more recent and iconic historic sites and monuments (such as Westminster Abbey and Ironbridge Gorge). He profiles the often larger-than-life personalities and the previously-marginalized women who have contributed to British archaeology; the controversies influencing how we see the past are also highlighted. Henson considers London's position in the antiquities trade and the safeguarding of heritage sites. As a whole, the book tells a fascinating story of Great Britain's history, culture, national heritage, and ongoing role as a hotspot of archaeology.
- Author BiographyDonald Henson, a British archaeologist deeply committed to public archaeology and education, is author of numerous books including Doing Archaeology (2012). He is honorary lecturer at University College London, was Head of Education for 17 years at the Council for British Archaeology, and holds seasonal academic posts at Bristol, York, and Newcastle, and is now pursuing PhD research into the Mesolithic at York.
- Author(s)Donald Henson
- PublisherAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication12/03/2015
- Series TitleArchaeology Hotspots
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Content Note17 black & white halftones, 8 maps, 2 charts
- Weight517 g
- Width156 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.