All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow in an updated third edition, Archaeology: The Basics provides a straightforward and engaging introduction to the world of Archaeology. This book answers key questions about how and why we practice archaeology and examines the theories and themes underpinning the subject. Fully updated, this new edition includes a wide range of examples and new material on key growth areas including: * Evolutionary approaches in current archaeology * The archaeology of landscape and place * The impact and value of archaeology * Conflict archaeology and the politics of the past With 12 new illustrations, four new boxes and additional case studies this text is essential reading for all those beginning to study archaeology and anyone who has ever questioned the past.
- Author BiographyClive Gamble is Professor of Archaeology at University of Southampton. He is an archaeologist with a particular interest in our earliest origins and the evolution of human society.
- Author(s)Clive Gamble
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/05/2015
- Series TitleThe Basics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note30 black & white line drawings
- Weight292 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.