All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionCelebrating the rich heritage of archaeology and of archaeological research in Hertfordshire, the 15 papers collected in this work focus on various aspects of the region, including the Neolithic to the post-Medieval periods, and include a report on the important excavations at the formative henge at Norton. Several chapters focus new attention on the Iron Age and Roman periods, both from a landscape perspective and through detailed studies of artefacts, while a discussion of the rare early Saxon material recently excavated at Watton at Stone makes a vital contribution to the existing corpus of kwledge about this little-understood period. All of the papers in the volume focus on the local scene with an understanding of wider issues in each period and as a result, the papers are of importance beyond the boundaries of the county and will be of interest to scholars with wide-ranging interests.
- Author BiographyKris Lockyear is a senior lecturer at the Institute of Archaeology at University College, London where he also gained his doctorate.
- PublisherUniversity of Hertfordshire Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- Place of PublicationHatfield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHertfordshire Publications
- Content Note80+ monotone illustrations; 23 colour plates
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byKris Lockyear
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.