All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe two volumes of 'The Archaeology of Medieval Europe' will together comprise the first complete account of medieval archaeology across Europe. Archaeologists from academic institutions in fifteen countries are collaborating to produce these two books of sixteen thematic chapters each. In addition, every chapter will feature a number of 'box-texts', by specialist contributors, highlighting sites or themes of particular importance. The books will be comprehensively illustrated throughout, in both colour and b/w, including line drawings and specially commissioned maps. This ground-breaking set, which is divided chrologically into two (Volume 1 extending from the 8th-12th centuries AD, and Volume 2 from the 12th-16th centuries -- available 2008), will enable readers to track the development of different cultures, and of regional characteristics, throughout the full extent of medieval Catholic Europe. In addition to revealing shared contexts and techlogical developments, the complete work will also provide the opportunity for demonstrating the differences that were inevitably present across the Continent -- from Iceland to Italy, and from Portugal to Finland -- and to study why such existed.
- PublisherAarhus University Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2007
- Place of PublicationAarhus
- Country of PublicationDenmark
- ImprintAarhus University Press
- Content Notecolour & b/w illus
- Weight1170 g
- Width240 mm
- Height170 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edited byJames Graham-Campbell,Magdalena Valor
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.78
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.