All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionSteadman fills an empty niche in the offerings on how archaeology interprets past religions with this useful textbook. The book includes case studies from around the world, from the study of Upper Paleolithic religions and of shamans in foraging societies to formal religious structures in advanced complex societies of Mesopotamia, Egypt, India and the Andes. Steadman also includes key contemporary religions-Christianity, Islam, and Buddhism, among others-to provide an historical and comparative context. This is an ideal text for a archaeology of religion courses and classes that include a significant component on past religions, as well as an excellent guide for general readers.
- Author BiographySharon R. Steadman is Associate Professor of Anthropology, Coordinator for the International Studies Program, and Director of the Rozanne M. Brooks Museum, all at SUNY Cortland. In addition to her work at the university, Steadman is the editorial assistant of Bulletin of the American Schools of Oriental Research and is the assistant director of the Alishar Regional Project.
- Author(s)Sharon R. Steadman
- PublisherLeft Coast Press Inc
- Date of Publication15/05/2009
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationWalnut Creek
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLeft Coast Press Inc
- Content Note40 illustrations & maps, references, index
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.