Architectural Building Codes: A Graphic Reference by James G. Scott (Paperback, 1997)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $175.62Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $116.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionArchitectural Building Codes by James G. Scott All architects must have a solid working kwledge of building codes. Noncompliance means facing strained schedules and budgets at best, and lawsuits at worst. Yet until w, resource has been available to professionals that demystifies architectural building codes in straightforward, easy-to-understand language, with a unique graphic presentation. James G. Scott's Architectural Building Codes slices through the technical, legal, and bureaucratic jargon of building codes with a direct, engaging style. Beginning with the assumption that building codes are by nature complex and difficult to understand, Mr. Scott provides both the theoretical principles and practical grounding all architectural professionals need to efficiently incorporate code regulations into their designs. The author bridges the gap between theory and application, turning the arcane, impenetrable rules of building codes into usable concepts. The material is cogently organized from general to specific ideas, leading the reader on a logical progression through the maze of code regulation. Comprehensive in scope, this book covers building codes with a refreshingly broad perspective. Architectural Building Codes is a complete user's guide that covers a wide range of topics, including: accessibility standards and the Americans with Disabilities Act fire-resistant materials building limitations means of egress roofing, interior finishes, floor and wall coverings occupancy building materials plumbing and mechanical codes elevators An outstanding graphic presentation featuring striking pen-and-ink drawings illuminates technical concepts and regulations. The Appendix provides a list of practical addresses that guides the reader to other useful resources. Architectural Building Codes is a one-of-a-kind reference and resource for architecture students as well as professionals responsible for code compliance. Building managers and owners who require both practical information and a broad grasp of code issues will find this book an indispensable guide.
- Author BiographyAbout the Author James G. Scott received his B.S. in Environmental Design from Auburn University, and his B.A. in Architecture from Louisiana Tech University. He lectures throughout the United States on construction codes and standards, as well as the Americans with Disabilities Act. He currently runs a private architectural practice in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Author(s)James G. Scott
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication23/06/1997
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations, forms
- Weight1188 g
- Width213 mm
- Height278 mm
- Spine28 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.