All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe industry-standard guide to designing well-performing buildings Architectural Detailing systematically describes the principles by which good architectural details are designed. Principles are explained in brief, and backed by extensive illustrations that show you how to design details that will t leak water or air, will control the flow of heat and water vapor, will adjust to all kinds of movement, and will be easy to construct. This new third edition has been updated to conform to International Building Code 2012, and incorporates current kwledge about new material and construction techlogy. Sustainable design issues are integrated where relevant, and the discussion includes reviews of recent built works that extract underlying principles that can be the basis for new patterns or the alteration and addition to existing patterns. Regulatory topics are primarily focused on the US, but touch on other jurisdictions and geographic settings to give you a well-rounded perspective of the art and science of architectural detailing. In guiding a design from idea to reality, architects design a set of details that show how a structure will be put together. Good details are correct, complete, and provide accurate information to a wide variety of users. By demonstrating the use of detail patterns, this book teaches you how to design a building that will perform as well as you intend. * Integrate appropriate detailing into your designs * Learn the latest in materials, assemblies, and construction methods * Incorporate sustainable design principles and current building codes * Design buildings that perform well, age gracefully, and look great Architects understand that aesthetics are only a small fraction of good design, and that stability and functionality require a deep understanding of how things come together. Architectural Detailing helps you bring it all together with a well fleshed-out design that communicates accurately at all levels of the construction process.
- Author BiographyEDWARD ALLEN, FAIA, has been a member of the faculties at both Yale University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and has frequently taught as a guest at institutions across the United States for over 30 years. He is the bestselling author of The Architect's Studio Companion; Shaping Structures: Statics; and Fundamentals of Building Construction. PATRICK RAND, FAIA, is a Distinguished Professor in the School of Architecture at North Carolina State University. He has been recognized nationally for his innovative teaching and research regarding construction materials.
- Author(s)Edward Allen,Patrick J. Rand
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication26/04/2016
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight878 g
- Width216 mm
- Height278 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.