All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.64
About this product
- DescriptionWhether you live in a Georgian town house, a Victorian terraced property or a 1930s semi, when it comes to carrying out repair and refurbishment work it is always better to use original materials. Salvaged items of the same vintage as the house are more likely to be in keeping with the building because their surface ageing makes them match and blend better than modern materials, and they may be of higher quality and craftsmanship. This informative guide tells you everything you need to kw about tracking down and purchasing reclaimed building materials of all kinds, including bricks, roof and floor tiles, slates, timber, doors and door furniture and much more.
- Author BiographyGeoffrey David West is a freelance journalist and author who, since 1989, has specialized in writing articles about the refurbishment of older houses for magazines and newspapers, including Period House & Its Garden, Period Living, Practical Householder, The Times and The Sunday Times. A keen DIY builder, Geoffrey has, amongst other things, built extensions to various houses, renewed floors and walls suffering from dry rot, and taught himself plumbing, carpentry, bricklaying and other building skills. After many years of talking to salvage dealers around the country, he decided to gather together their advice in this one comprehensive book.
- Author(s)Geoffrey D. West
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication26/10/2010
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationRamsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2010
- ImprintThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Content Note250 colour photographs
- Weight636 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.