All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionVisit more than 60 architecture sites in the area of Los Angeles kwn as Silver Lake, home to some of the greatest architecture in the world. Just five miles rthwest of Los Angeles, it was home to a number of movie studios including the first official Disney Studio. Aficionados and students of architecture worldwide make pilgrimages to Silver Lake specifically to see the work of the Modernist architects Richard Neutra, Rudolf M. Schindler, Gregory Ain, John Lautner, and Lloyd Wright (Frank Lloyd Wright, Jr.), among others. In addition to a concentration of Mid-century Modern architecture, you'll see popular Spanish Colonial Revival and Spanish Mediterranean architecture, French Normandy, English Tudor, Gothic, and Post-modern styles. Here is THE way to see Los Angeles's rich architectural heritage! L.A. is a driving city, best seen from the car. Tour guide, author, and architectural historian Laura Massi Smith will take you on an unforgettable ride to uncover the city's exciting cultural past. You can efficiently visit dozens of L.A.'s architectural marvels in the shortest amount of time. Maps and explicit driving directions help you navigate roads, while detailed descriptions of tour sites provide each building's history. Photographs are included to help you identify the sites. History buffs, architecture enthusiasts, and L.A. visitors will love these unique and fascinating tours, which offer an alternative way to see diverse architecture in L.A..
- Author BiographyLaura Massino Smith is an architectural historian from L.A.. She is a member of the Los Angeles Conservancy, the Society of Architectural Historians, and the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
- Author(s)Laura Massino Smith
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication17/06/2004
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note67 color photos
- Weight900 g
- Width229 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.