All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.96
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThe eighteenth century was a time of supreme achievement in French architecture. The buildings of the period are distinguished by restraint and proportion, grace and practicality - qualities that influenced architecture across Europe. This handsome book surveys developments from the final years of Louis XIV and the lasting influence of Jules-Hardouin Mansart to the dramatic fantasies of Boullee. It analyses t only the buildings, but also their interiors, and the contemporary theoretical literature.
- Author(s)Wend von Kalnein
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication17/05/1995
- Series TitleThe Yale University Press Pelican History of Art Series
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note250 b-w + 50 color illus.
- Weight1660 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Translated byDavid Britt
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.