All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionIn this volume the leading experts on ancient Greek theatre architecture present new excavation results and new analyses of individual monuments. Many well-kwn theatres such as the one of Dionysos in Athens and others at for instance Messene, Sikyon, Chaironeia in Greece and Aphrodisias in Turkey have been re-examined since their original publication with stunning results. New research also includes less well-kwn or newly discovered ancient Greek theatres in Albania, Turkey, Cyprus and Sicily. Further studies on the history of research, regional theatrical developments, termilogy and function, as well as a perspective on Roman theatres built in Greek traditions make this volume a comprehensive book of new research for specialist scholars as well as for students and the interested public. Fundamental publications on the topic have t been presented for many years, and this book aims to form a new foundation for the study of theatre architecture.
- PublisherAarhus University Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2015
- Place of PublicationAarhus
- Country of PublicationDenmark
- ImprintAalborg Universitetsforlag
- Weight1986 g
- Width210 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byRune Frederiksen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.