Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
About this product
- DescriptionOver the last decade, the needs of educational organizations have been changing in accordance with increasingly complex pedagogical models and with the techlogical evolution of e-learning environments with very dynamic teaching and learning requirements. Architectures for Distributed and Complex M-Learning Systems: Applying Intelligent Techlogies explores state-of-the-art software architectures and platforms used to support distributed and mobile e-learning systems. Containing research from leading international experts, this advanced publication provides useful references to support learning practices for academicians, researchers, and practitioners.
- Author BiographySanti Caball� (firstname.lastname@example.org) has a PhD, master�s degree and bachelor�s degree in computer science from the Open University of Catalonia. Since 2003, he has been an assistant professor at the Open University of Catalonia teaching a variety of courses in computer science in the areas of information systems, software engineering, and collaborative learning. Since 2006, he has been working as an associate professor in the Department of Computer Science, Multimedia and Telecommunication at the Open University of Catalonia where he coordinates several online courses in the area of software engineering. He is a member of the Distributed, Parallel and Collaborative Systems Research Group at the Open University of Catalonia. His research focuses on e-learning, m-learning, computer-supported collaborative learning, distributed learning, software engineering, network technologies, and grid technologies. Fatos Xhafa (email@example.com) received his PhD in computer science from the Polytechnic University of Catalonia (Barcelona, Spain, 1998). He joined the Department of Languages and Informatics Systems of the Polytechnic University of Catalonia as an assistant professor (1996) and is currently associate professor of this department. He is a member of the ALBCOM research group of this department and also is external member of the distributed, parallel and collaborative research group of the Open University of Catalonia. His research is supported by several research projects from Spain, European Union, and NSF/USA. He has published in leading international journals and conferences. He serves on the editorial board of the International Journal of Computer Supported Collaborative Learning and has served as co-chair / PC member for many conferences and workshops. Thanasis Daradoumis (firstname.lastname@example.org) has a PhD in information sciences from the Polytechnic University of Catalonia (Spain), a master�s degree in computer science from the University of Illinois, and a bachelor�s degree in mathematics from the University of Thessaloniki (Greece). Since 1984, he has been an assistant professor at several universities in the USA, Greece, and Spain, teaching a variety of courses in mathematics and computer science. Since 1998, he has been working as a professor in the Department of Computer Science, Multimedia, and Telecommunication at the Open University of Catalonia where he coordinates several online courses as well as the development of teaching materials appropriate for virtual learning. His research focuses on e-learning and learning technologies, ontologies and Semantic web, distributed learning, CSCL, CSCW, interaction analysis, and grid technologies. Angel Juan (email@example.com) holds a PhD in applied computational mathematics (UNED), an MS in information technology (Open University of Catalonia), and an MS in applied mathematics (University of Valencia). His research interests include computer simulation, educational data analysis, and mathematical e-learning. He has published several papers in international journals, books, and proceedings regarding these fields. As a researcher, he has been involved in several international research projects. He is an editorial board member of the International Journal of Data Analysis Techniques and Strategies and a member of the INFORMS society.
- PublisherIGI Global
- Date of Publication15/11/2009
- SubjectSoftware Packages
- Place of PublicationHershey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInformation Science Reference
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight1296 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAngel A. Juan,Fatos Xhafa,Santi Caballe,Thanasis Daradoumis
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.