All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $75.99Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
About this product
- DescriptionThe world of media production is in a state of rapid transformation. In this age of the Internet, interactivity and digital broadcasting, do traditional standards of quality apply or must we identify and implement new criteria? This profile of the work of the Cambridge University Moving Image Studio (CUMIS), presents a strong argument that new developments in digital media are absolutely dependent on an understanding of traditional excellence. The book stands alone in placing equal emphasis on theoretical and practical aspects of its subject matter and avoids jargon so as to be easily understood by the general reader as well as the specialist. It offers in-depth discussion of animation, moving images, interactivity and virtuality/reality. It is designed as a core text for the Cambridge University 1 year MPhil Degree in Architecture and the Moving Image.It offers a broad analysis of current research, teaching and media production.
- Author BiographyFrancois Penz is Reader in Architecture and the Moving Image in the Department of Architecture. He studies the relationship between cinema and architecture. Maureen Thomas, a Senior Research Fellow at Churchill College, Cambridge, helped in 1998 to found the Digital Studio of the Department of Architecture, where she is a PhD Supervisor and Senior Research Associate.
- PublisherIntellect Books
- Date of Publication01/05/2008
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIntellect Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width174 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byFrancois Penz,Maureen Thomas
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.