All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn engaging and beautifully illustrated guide to some of the most exciting wildlife in the world. This enchanting guide to the birds, animals and marine life of the Arctic Ocean and its polar fringes, is a fascinating and informative read. Visitors to the region can cruise the arctic coast in the company of blue whales and belugas, observe polar bears pursuing barnacle geese and seals, and experience a host of shorebirds and wildfowl gorging on the abundant food. Tony Soper's expert kwledge is richly supplemented with full-colour illustrations by award-winning wildlife artist Dan Powell. This revised edition includes a new section covering the distinct flora and fauna of the Bering Sea, an area about to see a significant increase in visitor numbers as a direct result of changes in the ice cover of the Arctic Ocean.
- Author BiographyTony Soper is best known as a naturalist who has presented many programmes for the BBC Natural History Unit. Dan Powell is an award-winning illustrator.
- Author(s)Tony Soper
- PublisherBradt Travel Guides
- Date of Publication26/01/2012
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitleBradt Travel Guides (Wildlife Guides)
- Place of PublicationBuckinghamshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBradt Travel Guides
- Content Note160 colour pages & 1 map
- Weight19 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Dan Powell
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.