All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe pain of unrequited love is one of life's great tragedies, but even more heart-breaking is a love that is taboo: a love that crosses the divide between species. When a lonely olive grower sows seeds of love in search of romance, he cant kw the chaos he will cause. Instead of the voluptuous woman of his dreams, the District Health Authority mule, Gezabel, falls head over hooves in love with him. And, as Gezabel narrates, she is t the only lover to get her stars crossed when Ardour casts its spell over the region. As the villagers throw their love away on those who do t return it, remarkable phemena add to the fevered atmosphere, and passions surge with the soaring temperatures of summer. When the heat wave ends, as it eventually must, bursting like a blister, the dead come back to life, and jealousy leads to murder, before the various lovers' eyes are finally opened, and, for some, true happiness is found. Ardour is a magical tale of love, hope, and fate, sprinkled lightly with tears, combined with a generous measure of comedy.
- Author BiographyLily Prior lives in London. A great admirer of Italian cuisine and culture, she has travelled extensively in Sicily, where she found the inspiration for LA CUCINA, her debut. NECTAR is her forthcoming novel.
- Author(s)Lily Prior
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2004
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlack Swan
- Out-of-print date20/01/2011
- Weight156 g
- Width127 mm
- Height198 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.