Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $65.52
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.76
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $31.90
- AU $69.99Trending at AU $86.08
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $47.63
- AU $22.67Trending at AU $25.33
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $31.95
About this product
- Description-This easy-going book tells kids what they will have to do to turn their dog into a happy and fun pet, and also how to care for it in the right way. It is a useful and pleasant 'reality check' for all kids who are begging to have a dog of their own.---Stanley Coren, author of many dog books, including How Dogs Think and Why Does My Dog Act That Way?-A guide to responsible care and inspiring compassion and understanding, this book will benefit all young readers--and all dogs.---Dr. Michael W. Fox, veterinarian, syndicated columnist, and author of many dog booksGetting a dog can be a wonderful moment in a family's life--or the beginning of a bad situation for everyone. In Are You Ready for Me?, engaging text and colorful pictures show two children at an animal adoption center, trying to decide if they are prepared to care for a dog for its entire life.There's a contract at the end of the book for parents and kids to check off. An online kit is available to those who want more information about living with a dog.Claire Buchwald is an educator and the author of four children's picture books, including Max Talks to Me (The Gryphon Press, 2007).Artist Amelia Hansen has illustrated twenty previous titles, including At the Dog Park with Sam and Lucy (The Gryphon Press, 2006) and It's Raining Cats--and Cats! (The Gryphon Press, 2009).
- Author BiographyClaire Buchwald, the author of four children's picture books, including Max Talks to Me (The Gryphon Press, 2007), has a Ph.D. in communications and works to promote children's creativity. Amelia Hansen is the illustrator of At the Dog Park with Sam and Lucy and nineteen other books that specialize in the connections and relationships between people, animals, plants, and the earth.
- Author(s)Claire Buchwald
- PublisherGryphon Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleSit! Stay! Read!
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGryphon Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width218 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Amelia Hansen
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.