All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume inaugurates a new series providing detailed and up-to-date analyses of excavations and fieldwork conducted over more than a century at the Argive Heraion, a Classical Temple in Greece. The book opens with an overview of the site's excavation history, including photographs from the investigations of the 1890s. Chapters 1-12 fully reconstruct the Classical Temple from bottom to top, using the evidence of the existing foundations and the fragments of the architectural elements of the superstructure. These discussions are supported by an illustrated catalogue of all the kwn extant architectural fragments, detailed and contextual site photographs, tables, actual state drawings, and graphic reconstructions.Chapters 13-16 examine the style of the temple, in particular its blending of Peloponnesian and Attic features, to place the building within its historical, geographical, and political contexts. Four appendices, including a te on the foot-module of the temple and a report on the scientific analysis of the temple's marbles, complete the volume. This work, the first mograph devoted solely to the Classical Temple and the first concerning the site to be published in more than fifty years, will be the definitive source for scholars and students investigating the buildings of the Argive Heraion and a vital tool for those researching architectural trends of the period.
- Author BiographyChristopher Pfaff is Associate Professor of Classics at Florida State University and specialises in Greek art and architecture.
- Author(s)Christopher Pfaff
- PublisherAmerican School of Classical Studies at Athens
- Date of Publication02/10/2003
- Series TitleArgive Heraion S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 1
- Place of PublicationPrinceton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican School of Classical Studies at Athens
- Content Note209 figs, 24 tbs
- Weight1864 g
- Width229 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.