All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
About this product
- DescriptionArgumentation is all around us. Letters to the Editor often make points of cons- tency, and Why is one of the most frequent questions in language, asking for r- sons behind behaviour. And argumentation is more than 'reasoning' in the recesses of single minds, since it crucially involves interaction. It cements the coordinated social behaviour that has allowed us, in small bands of t particularly physically impressive primates, to dominate the planet, from the mammoth hunt all the way up to organized science. This volume puts argumentation on the map in the eld of Arti cial Intelligence. This theme has been coming for a while, and some famous pioneers are chapter authors, but we can w see a broader systematic area emerging in the sum of topics and results. As a logician, I nd this intriguing, since I see AI as 'logic continued by other means', reminding us of broader views of what my discipline is about. Logic arose originally out of re ection on many-agent practices of disputation, in Greek Ant- uity, but also in India and China. And logicians like me would like to return to this broader agenda of rational agency and intelligent interaction. Of course, Aristotle also gave us a formal systems methodology that deeply in uenced the eld, and eventually connected up happily with mathematical proof and foundations.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication13/07/2009
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight885 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byGuillermo R. Simari,Iyad Rahwan
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.