All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionNow in its second edition, Argumentative and Aggressive Communication is the only text dedicated to the presentation and synthesis of research, theory, and application efforts on the aggressive communication traits of argumentative and verbal aggressiveness. In this updated edition, Rancer and Avtgis present new research and theory on argumentative and aggressive communication that has been influential in communication and in other social science disciplines since the first edition was published in 2006. The volume includes a discussion of new contexts in which argumentative and aggressive communication has become salient as well as new areas of research which extend into the domains of healthcare, sports, politics, digital media, and nverbal communication. This edition includes over 100 new studies and references. With student-friendly features such as discussion questions at the end of chapters, the text is ideal for courses in communication and conflict, interpersonal communication, communication and personality, and personality theory and research, among others. It is also an invaluable resource and reference for scholars and graduate students who conduct research on argumentative and aggressive communication.
- Author BiographyAndrew S. Rancer (PhD, Kent State University) is Professor of Communication at the University of Akron. He is co-author of four books, including Contemporary Communication Theory; Arguments, Aggression, and Conflict; and Organizational Communication: Strategies for Success. He is the recipient of the Eastern Communication Association's Centennial Scholar Award and Kent State University's Distinguished Alumni Award. Theodore A. Avtgis (PhD, Kent State University) is Chairperson and Professor of Communication at Ashland University. He is co-author of six books including Medical Communication: Defining the Discipline and Arguments, Aggression, and Conflict. He is an Eastern Communication Association (ECA) Centennial Scholar and Research Fellow.
- Author(s)Andrew S. Rancer,Theodore A. Avtgis
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication17/12/2014
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight570 g
- Width175 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.