All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionArgyll truly has its own special beauty. From peaceful wooded glens to beautiful beaches; gorgeous little fishing ports to romantic castles, Argyll and the Inner Hebrides have all the ingredients of a classic Scottish holiday. FootprintFocus provides invaluable information on transport, accommodation, eating and entertainment to ensure that your trip includes the best of this beautiful region of Scotland. * Essentials section with useful advice on getting to and around Argyll and the Inner Hebrides * Comprehensive, up-to-date listings of where to eat, sleep and seek adventure * Includes information on tour operators and activities, from sampling the finest whiskey to sea fishing. * Detailed maps for Argyll and the Inner Hebrides. * Slim eugh to fit in your pocket. With detailed information on all the main sights, plus many lesser-kwn attractions, FootprintFocus Argyll & Inner Hebrides (includes Oban, Mull, Iona, Islay, Jura & Arran) provides concise and comprehensive coverage of one of Scotland's most varied and stunning regions. The content of the Footprintfocus Argyll & Inner Hebrides (includes Oban, Mull, Iona, Islay, Jura & Arran) guide has been extracted from the Scotland Highlands and Islands Footprint Handbook.
- Author BiographyWhen Alan Murphy upped sticks and left the fleshpots of Dundee to start his own seaweed-collecting business on a remote island croft, many saw it as a cry for kelp. But Alan not only survived several bleak Hebridean winters, he went on to found a sanctuary for wayward seal pups and devoted the next 10 years of his life to working with young stray marine mammals. Later, following a chance encounter with the editor of Footprint's South American Handbook in a sleazy salsa bar in Soho, London, Alan turned his hand to travel writing, trading the rain swept peat moors of northern Scotland for the steamy jungles of South America to research and write Footprint guides to Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador and Venezuela. But the pull of his homeland was too strong and Alan eventually returned to Scotland to write new Footprint guides to Scotland, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Scotland Highlands & Islands. Alan now resides in the bohemian Somerset market town of Frome with his wife and three children.
- Author(s)Alan Murphy,Shona Main
- PublisherFootprint Travel Guides
- Date of Publication13/03/2013
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleFootprint Focus Guide
- Place of PublicationBath
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFootprint Travel Guides
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Width110 mm
- Height176 mm
- Spine8 mm
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $75.00Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $23.03Trending at AU $25.49
- AU $34.00Trending at AU $34.82
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $26.48
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $16.43
- AU $31.79Trending at AU $33.23
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.