Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis new edition of Aristophanes is intended to replace the previous Oxford Classical Text published in 1900-1. Since that date it has been possible to construct a far better picture of the transmission of the text from antiquity to the age of printing and to obtain reliable reports of other significant manuscripts. While some of the new information has been taken into account for recent commentaries on individual plays, there is easily available complete edition. Though the text of the plays is better preserved than that of Greek tragedy, the editor has thought it desirable to record or adopt a fair number of conjectures, some of them little kwn or unjustly disregarded; in a few passages he has ventured to offer suggestions of his own.
- Author BiographyN. G. Wilson is Emeritus Fellow and Tutor in Classics, Lincoln College, Oxford.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication06/12/2007
- LanguageEnglish & Greek, Ancient (to 1453)
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleOxford Classical Texts
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight499 g
- Width134 mm
- Height194 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byN. G. Wilson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.