All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a concise, accessible and student-friendly introduction to a key text in Ancient Philosophy. Aristotle's Metaphysics is an extremely rich and important philosophical work, unique in that it is an inquiry devoted to discovering a doctrine, rather than a treatise that defends a doctrine. It was the first major text in the field of metaphysics and has proven immensely influential throughout the history of philosophy. It is widely considered to be one of the greatest philosophical works, yet is also toriously complex. Aristotle's Metaphysics: A Reader's Guide presents a concise and accessible introduction to the text, offering invaluable guidance on: philosophical context; key themes; reading the text; reception and influence; and, further reading. Continuum Reader's Guides are clear, concise and accessible introductions to key texts in literature and philosophy. Each book explores the themes, context, criticism and influence of key works, providing a practical introduction to close reading, guiding students towards a thorough understanding of the text. They provide an essential, up-to-date resource, ideal for undergraduate students.
- Author BiographyEdward Halper is Professor of Philosophy at the University of Georgia, USA. His publications include One and Many in Aristotle's Metaphysics (Parmenides Press, 2005) and Form and Reason: Essays in Metaphysics (SUNY Press, 1993).
- Author(s)Edward Halper
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication26/07/2012
- Series TitleReader's Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Weight227 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.