All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis book reconstructs the theory of signification implicit in Aristotle's De Interpretatione and its psychological background in hisDe Anima. The study develops in three steps that correspond to the three elements involved in every tion of signification: (1) the phonetic element or significans, called phone by Aristotle, (2) the significatum, i. e. what the phonetic material stands for, and (3) the relation between significans and significatum. This work breaks new ground by connecting the linguistic and psychological aspects of Aristotle's theory of signification.
- Author BiographySimon Noriega-Olmos,University of Sao Paulo,Brazil.
- Author(s)Simon Noriega-Olmos
- PublisherDe Gruyter
- Date of Publication15/11/2012
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleBeitrage zur Altertumskunde
- Series Part/Volume Number303
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Weight412 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.