Save on Fiction Books
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.28
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.57
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.39
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $35.99
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $27.86Trending at AU $29.04
About this product
- DescriptionThe young and beautiful Dylan sisters live with loving parents in the picturesque village of Sag Harbor, New York. When Hedy, Donnie and Aldie check out the new Moo-Burger Palace, it dawns on them the lunch crowd is chowing down voraciously, t once thinking how the food got there. Hedy, a fiery speaker and intrepid righter of wrongs, Donnie, a spiritual writer and clairvoyant and Aldie, soft-spoken and the lynch pin between the other two, decide on that very day to devote their lives to animal rights. They sweat over every writing on the subject and conclude the world is in deep trouble - Animal cruelty is escalating exponentially. Corporations test lethal chemicals on caged animals, scientists torture and dissect them, furriers skin them alive. For the trio who believes any animal's life has value equal to any man's in God's eyes, they must do whatever it takes before mankind pushes the envelope too far. The sisters' own lives are in shambles. Hedy discovers her husband is very involved with ather woman. Aldie's husband longer wants anything to do with her. And Donnie dies when she takes a bullet to save a deer. In spite of Hedy's great success in promoting animal rights, she reaches her lowest point. Crying aloud and alone, she looks up. An ethereal being, The Divine One, delivers a prophesy of Armageddon from God the Father: Stop all animal cruelty by the last day in July or face the end of the earth. Hedy feels a new rush of confidence and makes changes the world kws will save them. On July 31, God appears before the world to anunce His final decision.
- Author BiographyAs a child, an inordinate amount of space in my heart belonged to the animals, from the tiny slugs under my rocks to the massive elephants at the zoo. Then, much too swiftly, came adulthood, schools and jobs, in which I wore three hats. The first was donned in the field of Diagnostic Nuclear Medicine, reflecting my interest in physics. Next, I worked in Radiology Management, rearranging many situations so that each would fit, like crossword puzzles, another of my passions. The third hat felt best. As a Certified Financial Planner, I worked with individuals or families to best suit their monetary and related situations, reflecting a desire to help people with their lives. In the fall of my life I retired. Out of the blue, my childhood feelings for animals returned with vigor. I founded a new animal rights group and penned a novel combining two timely happenings: the current exponential rise in animal abuse and the Mayan prophesy of Armageddon in 2012.
- Author(s)Donna Roitstein
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication25/05/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight372 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.