All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe popularity of native North American plants has soared in recent years, for many good reasons. Whatever draws you to native plants, you'll find better or more authoritative guide than Allan Armitage. Widely ackwledged as one of the world's foremost horticulturists, Armitage describes more than 630 species and cultivars of perennials, biennials, and annuals that are native to the United States, bringing to each plant a wealth of practical kwledge and the full weight of his experience and expertise. Each entry includes a general description of the plant plus essential data you need to grow it successfully, including habitat, hardiness, correct garden site, maintenance, and propagation - all in a clear, easy-to-use format. Whether you are a native plant enthusiast or simply wish to use plants that work in the landscape, you'll find everything you are looking for in this readable, information-packed volume.
- Author BiographyWidely regarded as one of the world's foremost horticulturists, Allan M. Armitage is a professor at the University of Georgia, Athens, where he teaches, conducts research on new garden plants, and runs the University of Georgia Horticulture Gardens. Allan travels as a lecturer and consultant and is the recipient of numerous awards, including the Medal of Honor from the Garden Club of America and the National Educator Award from the American Horticultural Society. He was honored with a Quill and Trowel award from the Garden Writers Association of America, and Greenhouse Grower magazine named him one of the ten most influential people or organizations a ever a in the floriculture industry for encouraging growers to expand their markets with new annuals, cut flowers, and perennials. Charming and lively as well as knowledgeable, Allan is in constant demand as a speaker and has lectured worldwide. Allan sees his work with plants as being therapeutic, exciting, and creative, and these beliefs fuel his remarkable and ambitious career.
- Author(s)Allan M. Armitage
- PublisherTimber Press
- Date of Publication10/01/2006
- Place of PublicationPortland, OR
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTimber Press
- Out-of-print date08/11/2010
- Content Note443 color photos
- Weight1560 g
- Width187 mm
- Height264 mm
- Spine32 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.