All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.33Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
About this product
- DescriptionArmour Never Wearies is the first volume to bring together all the hitherto scattered evidence - archaeological, literary and artistic - for the forms and uses of scale and lamellar armours in the region west of the Ural Mountains throughout the 3,500 years during which these armours were used. The interpretation of this data is informed by the author's long practical experience as a maker of arms and armour, martial artist and horseman. It offers systematic definitions and analysis of these often misunderstood forms of armour, along with detailed diagrams and instructions that will be of great use to any who wish to turn their hands to reconstruction. Along the way, this unique synthesis of evidence and interpretation debunks some myths that have arisen in recent years.
- Author BiographyTimothy Dawson has published widely on aspects of material culture and social history, particularly clothing and military matters, using a methodology which combines conventional scholarship with practical experience and reconstruction to make significant advances in certain areas. He is the author of six books, including Byzantine Cavalryman: Eastern Roman Empire.
- Author(s)Timothy Dawson
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note16 black & white plates
- Weight249 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.